Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Monet's 3D Waterlilies

I saw this on Pinterest and loved it! I don't know whom to give credit to.

Here's the photo from Pinterest...


DAY ONE:

We briefly discussed Monet and wrote his name in our Idea Books. I showed them some paintings of water lilies and we did a water lily sketch. Next we glued down strips of blue paper. I cut a bunch of different blues...


The trick to good waves is 3 dots of glue. One dot on each end of the strip, glue it down like a bridge and then one dot in the middle. 












Here's my teacher sample....can't wait to do the water lilies next class! 



Frog to reference

http://drawsketch.about.com/od/drawanimalsstepbystep/ss/drawfrog_4.htm


Monet Printables







Link to Claude Monet document below: 



Free Flowers Coloring Page of a Water Lily




I had my 3rd graders make Mother's Day cards awhile back and I showed them how to make the waterlilies and they turned out really well! 
This was the lily pad that we decided would be a good card as is....they wrote a special message on the back. 











1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Rather than breaching copyright by duplicating my drawing on your web page, please include a link to my tutorial at http://drawsketch.about.com/od/drawanimalsstepbystep/ss/drawfrog_4.htm
    Thank you
    Helen South
    About.com Guide to Drawing/Sketching

    ReplyDelete