Wednesday, October 13, 2010

1st Grade Architects Create Houses for Insects!

I formulated this lesson after seeing Mrs. Sturgill teach something like it at the Frist one summer. We read the story "Roberto the Insect Architect" to inspire us to "Be Creative!"


The students created blueprints and designed a house or building for a bug! After they painted their drawings blue, they sculpted their 'bug' out of model magic. Once those dry, we'll add bright colors.



Here's that worksheet about Architectural Details...I found it in a green book called Art Starters? (I think.)


11 comments:

  1. I'll email my "lesson plan" to ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you find the architectural hunt page?
    andrea
    acates@acsc.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love your lesson plan as well.....keisa.bostick@gpisd.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific! I would love your lesson plan and architectural details page if possible! pgellman@norfolkacademy.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have this handout ! I'm teaching archietcture if you could email it to me! (: Megan.hernandez@cnusd.k12.ca.us

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have this handout please! achisholm7@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have this handout please! achisholm7@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. is there anyway I could get this handout!?
    sfarr194@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to have this hand out, please. Eljazam@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Which "Art Starters" book is it? The one by Ande Cook or the one by Nicole Steinman?

    ReplyDelete